Portfolio Analyst - (P/T, Job Share or F/T)United Kingdom - England - Fareham
(P/T, job-share or F/T)
In the role of Graduate Portfolio Analyst Personal Lines Motor you will be required to utilise your analytical background to constantly drive improvements to Zurich’s market pricing and underwriting. This will involve the analysis of multiple data sources using various different statistical and analytical techniques. The successful candidate will need to ensure first class customer service and that business objectives and company standards are met. Zurich is a firm believer that investing in its people is crucial to the company’s success, as a result, the successful candidate will be provided with study support for either their actuarial or CII exams.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Monitoring and analysing performance of accounts within their responsibility
- Use the results of your analysis to input into the Underwriting and Pricing strategy for Zurich’s Personal Lines products
- Using targeted pricing proposals to deliver business and underwriting strategy
- Be aware of market developments, distribution channels and our competitive position in relation to allocated products
- Input into plan numbers
- Ensure agreed plan numbers are met through rigorous monitoring of KPIs, utilisation of technical knowledge and swift implementation of pricing and product changes
- Underwrite and negotiate business within authority limits and agreed SLAs, ensuring first class customer service
- Ensure agreed technical standards, controls, practices, procedures are implemented using various monitoring mechanisms in order to continually improve
- Work with wording specialists and others to ensure our products provide the cover our customers need and that our documentation is compliant and protects profitability targets
- Ensure technical underwriting guides remain relevant and up to date for products owned
- Participation in underwriting audits.
- Contribute to appropriate project work
- Contribute to appropriate technical networks
- Evaluate new data concepts alongside the various analytics teams
- Build a strong network across various lines of business and other Zurich teams
- Strong links with Technical Price, MI, Finance, Claims and other analytics teams
- Build effective relationships with any schemes that form a large part of the products owned including with external parties such as brokers.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Graduate level candidate, ideally with previous experience of working in an office environment, but all backgrounds considered
- Candidates with prior experience in insurance will also be considered
- An analytical related degree e.g. mathematics, economics, physics etc with experience of understanding basic statistics techniques.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to produce innovative solutions
- Results Driven
- Commercial focus
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to influencing and negotiate
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strategic ability combined with sound operational planning skills
- Strong at prioritising, resourcing, planning and project management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and negotiations skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage diverse work portfolio under pressure
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of Insurance and Business preferred
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.