Senior Underwriter Financial Institutions 80-100%Switzerland - Zurich
Zurich Commercial Insurance offers risk management services to large corporations and multinational companies headquartered in Switzerland. Day-to-day responsibilities include underwriting profitable new and renewal business, negotiating terms and conditions while developing and maintaining strong relationship with brokers and clients.
As a Senior Underwriter Financial Institutions your main responsibilities will involve:
- Underwrite and grow the Financial Institutions book of business which includes D&O, Professional Indemnity, Crime, Asset and Investment Management Insurance placed in both domestic and international programs
- Establish and expand broker relationships
- Negotiate complex deals and terms
- Represent the company at broker and customer meetings, also at C-level
- Assure end-to-end processing of the accounts in the various internal systems
- Occasional support on product development projects
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Underwriter Financial Institutions your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven track record of several years in Financial Lines underwriting with a particular focus on Financial Institutions
- Strong analytical skills to assess risk inherent exposures
- Ability to deliver a high quality job performance constantly and work under pressure in a tight deadline-driven environment
- Customer-oriented attitude to ensure first class service to our customers and brokers
- Capability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment while maintaining underwriting integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including advanced negotiation and presentation abilities
- Team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with his/her peers
- Ability to work self-driven
- Fluent German and English; French and/or Italian are a strong advantage
- Master degree in law, business administration or economics, or equivalent experience
Primary work location is Zurich Oerlikon. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Christina Wichmann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site .
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.