Senior Market Risk Actuary - ESG (80-100%)Switzerland - Zurich
In this role you will join a specialist team of senior life actuaries in Zurich supporting the market consistent valuations and the internal model calculation of market risk in respect of the life business of the Zurich Group. You will lead the centralized production of Market Consistent Stochastic Economic Scenarios for the Group’s life liabilities supported by a dedicated actuarial production team based in Bratislava. You will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the production processes, models and methodologies, and actively contribute to the identification and implementation of further automation opportunities into existing processes. In doing so, you will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders including Group Investment Management, Group Risk Management, Bratislava Competence Center and Zurich Business Units worldwide.
As a Senior Market Risk Actuary your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead Risk-Neutral Market Consistent Economic Assumption production for a wide range of purposes (e.g. SST, SII, MCEV/NBV, Zurich Economic Capital Model, IFRS17, etc.) with support from our Bratislava Competence Center’s team
- Lead continuous improvements on automation and methodologies
- Produce regular and ad-hoc analyses and reports
- Interact with a wide range of stakeholders across the whole Zurich Group and externally
- Maintain the control framework for end-to-end production process
- Support theoretical methodology developments and investigations on alternative models and calibration approaches
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Market Risk Actuary your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Master in quantitative finance, mathematics or related subjects
- Postgraduate degree or additional professional qualifications are a plus (e.g. qualified actuary, FRM, CFA, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant experience with risk-neutral Economic Scenario Generators (“ESG”) or other related topics
- Deep understanding of the interrelations between ESG and the market consistent valuation of life insurance liabilities
- Sound understanding of the mathematical theory behind a wide range of stochastic financial models and of their numerical implementation, calibration and usage (e.g. LMM+, TVDV, 2FVasiceck, etc.)
- Previous practical experience with Moody’s Analytics (formerly Barrie & Hibbert’s) ESG tools is a distinctive advantage
- Advanced IT skills
- Experience with Excel and VBA is a must
- Experience in Python, Matlab and/or R is a strong plus
- Strong process and organizational skills
- Prior management experience is a plus
- Analytical mind-set, detail oriented, with a strong commitment to quality
- Highly cooperative, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player
- Strong sense of responsibility and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across functions
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
P Work location is Zurich. The travel requirement is up to 5%.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Christina Wichmann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.