ZCR Claims Team LeaderUnited Kingdom
Looking for an exciting career? An opportunity has arisen for a Claims Team Manager within Zurich Corporate Risk. The successful candidate will take responsibility for leading a highly customer focused claims team, responsible for assessing Group Income Protection claims. They will be expected to deliver quality outcomes alongside challenging service levels, including managing seasonal workload peaks, whilst developing strong business relationships and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Delivery against key business, team and individual KPIs
- Ensure robust governance is in place and maintained across the team, remaining compliant at all times
- Proactively review issues, complete trend analysis and evidence action taken to prevent recurrence
- Inspire, support and coach members of the team, developing them to achieve their full potential
- Adherence to the Training & Competence Scheme within Claims, undertaking external professional exams required for competence and development in role
- Act as a technical expert for the team and the point of escalation
- Establish and broaden excellent relationships with external and internal Customers, attending external meetings as required
- Simplify processes and introduce innovation which improves customer outcomes
- Provide accurate, compliant and timely reports
- Identify knowledge gaps through a documented skills matrix and training plan, ensuring these are continuously reviewed
- Complete talent and succession planning reviews across the team
- Celebrating success and examples of great customer experience
- Demonstrate an awareness of business costs and complete activities to reduce expenses
- Complete forecasting, capacity and resource management activity which includes an awareness of team work volumes and trends
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Group Risk environment preferable
- GR1 or equivalent technical knowledge Group Risk environment preferable
- Comprehensive leadership skills and experience of managing a Claims Team
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and cope with a fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures
- Passionate about customers and driving through Continuous Improvement
- Role model behaviour
- Strong coaching and development skills
- Ability to listen and influence effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making and judgement skills
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong focus on quality and root cause analysis.
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.