Casualty Claims HandlerUnited Kingdom - England - Birmingham
Our Claims function is the largest department in our UK General Insurance business, and it’s critical in ensuring we provide our customers with an efficient, professional and empathetic service. As a Casualty Claims Handler you’ll provide a quality, front line, focused claims service that supports the achievement of department. Dealing with a range of situations, our customers will look to you to work quickly to provide them support at an often-stressful time.
- Promptly handles and positively resolves all enquiries from both customer and external contacts to ensure delivery of a focused claims service.
- Reviews, resolves and proactively finalises claims within authority limits ensuring settlement at an optimum level with consideration to business implications.
- Maximise productivity and profitability within the team.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
- Supervisory responsibilities ad hoc basis as required
- Must have previous Casualty or Personal Injury claims experience
- Experience of working with EL/PL Claims
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a team/team player
- Cope with varying workloads and pressures
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Decision making
- Ability to coach; motivate & develop where appropriate
- Numeracy and literacy skills (to GCSE level/equivalent).
- Relevant experience of working either in general insurance or customer facing financial services environment.
- Progress towards CII qualification
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.