Compliance Manager – Monitoring and Oversight
Location: Douglas, Isle of Man
The Compliance function is responsible for supporting ZINT’s management in promoting an ethics-based culture and providing assurance to management that compliance risks within the function’s scope are appropriately identified and managed.
The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of the compliance programs focusing on the area of Monitoring and Oversight. You will be responsible for all aspects of regulatory change, including analysis and implementation. Additionally you will provide an accurate assurance in relation to regulatory compliance through regular monitoring, oversight and reporting.
The role holder will be responsible for a team of six and will be responsible for managing, supporting, coaching and developing these individual’s.
• Input into, implement and deliver the business units Compliance plan.
• Subject matter expert in providing advice and guidance to management and employees on matters relating to regulatory risk.
• Establish, enhance and implement relevant compliance policies and procedures.
• Ensures the team keeps track of industry regulatory developments and communicates their impact to the business.
• Manages compliance with Data Protection regulations and registrations.
• Manage the regulatory review of literature.
• Proactively works to support business initiatives and projects, providing pragmatic solutions.
• Ensures the delivery of day to day operational support to the business on a wide range of Compliance matters.
• The management, motivation and development of a team of compliance professional.
• Supports and works in a collaborative manner with branch compliance teams.
Your Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience of the Isle of Man FSA regulatory environment.
• Hold, a professional recognised compliance qualification.
• Have experience of Data Protection regulations ideally with a relevant qualification.
• Financial services experience, predominantly in the International life sector with compliance / legal / regulatory understanding.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to communicate effectively and confidently with internal and external stakeholder at all levels and across numerous locations.
• Highly organised and motivated and able to create and work in a collaborative environment.
• People manager.
• Self-motivated, innovative, enthusiastic and forward thinking.
• Demonstrate agility to adapt to change and see it as a positive challenge.
• Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on quality, demonstrating accountability at all times.
• Customer focused and act with a high level of integrity.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. As well as this we have moved into our brand new bespoke, state-of– the– art headquarters where we have free on-site car parking.
Who we are:
Zurich International is headquartered in the Isle of Man and there are approximately 250 employees based in our Douglas-based office.
Zurich International was established in 1982, and over those 35 plus years our business model has evolved to accommodate the changing needs of insurance for both retail and corporate customers. Zurich International now focuses on offering protection and unit-linked propositions worldwide for approx. 270,000 international mobile and domestic affluent customers in its respective markets.
Zurich International supports markets in Europe, Middle East & Asia (EMEA) operating through branches in Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain, Hong Kong and Argentina. In total, Zurich International manages over $10bn of funds for both retail and corporate customers.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.