We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join the team in Swindon! You will work on general accounting operations relevant for Group and Statutory reporting, ensuring that you are following processes and procedures to support and reinforce key business objectives. If you are someone who has excellent time management, are skilled at problem solving and can organise and prioritise efficienctly under pressure you could be exactly who we are looking for.
- You will work with the team to ensure that accounting processes and procedures are followed and completed to support and reinforce key business objectives.
- Perform various types of general and/or sub-ledger transactions relevant for Group reporting as well as local Globally Accepted Accounting Principles reporting.
- You will prepare or review ledger reports and explain the results.
- Perform or review close related ledger tasks, e.g. accruals, provisions, journals postings.
- Prepare or review accounts reconciliations on a timely basis in accordance with Group internal control guidelines.
- You’ll maintain one or more ledger categories/chart of accounts as a regular part of your daily work.
- You will perform and review SOX controls in line with Group internal guidelines.
- Participate in local projects or initiatives, evaluate potential impact on local reporting units and perform local implementation of changes.
Your Skills and Experience:
- ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience within the Insurance Industry is preferred but not essential
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Intermediate level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent Time management
- Able to work in a team
The salary offered for this role is dependent on experience. As well as this we offer an
Who we are:
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.