Scheme Underwriter (P/T, job-share or F/T)United Kingdom - England - Farnborough
Job title: Scheme Underwriter (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Based from our Farnborough office, this role is within the Zurich Municipal division. Our Underwriters in ZM are trained in all lines of business offering a truly bespoke and personalised service to our customers in the Public Sector. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is serious about their career and would like to work for a leading Insurer.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
• May provide guidance to lower level associates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
• Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Serve as key Zurich contact for assigned target accounts.
Your skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Underwriting experience within a General Insurance product.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to effectively assess risk.
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
• Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
• 12% pension
• 22 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Annual company bonuses
• Contribution to medical cover
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gym membership,
• Individual bonus and much more
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're passionate about working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.