Head of Data Centre Services
Location: Flexible, Swindon, Fareham, Farnborough (with travel globally)
Zurich Group Operations IT Services is looking for a Head of Data Centre Services to manage IT infrastructure service delivery on a global scale in partnership with our internal customers and our external suppliers. We need a strong leader that ensures service levels are maintained and continuously improved, and that problems with the day-to-day delivery of data Centre services are minimized. This role is responsible for overall Data Centre Services delivery from the suppliers and for interfacing with the Zurich customers.
The Head of Data Centre Services is accountable for the delivery and direction of all Data Centre services globally. Zurich operates DC Services from 8 strategic data Centres in EU, NA, LATAM, APAC and several secondary Centres. Services reflect our modernisation (Cloud first) strategy by being categorized into 3 main themes:
- Foundations – mainframe, mid-range, storage and other foundation services including DC facilities
- Cloud CoE (Platform Services) which provides IaaS and PaaS services from our Hybrid Public/Private Cloud platform
- A third function provides Technical Assurance Services (e.g. Transition Management and Problem Management support) to the Business Units across all aspects of DC (and other) Services
- Responsible as the Service Owner for the Run state of Data Centre Services in all respects, including ensuring the Services fully meet business needs and develop in an appropriate manner to anticipate future needs)Accountable on a day-to-day basis for one of Zurich’s largest managed services contracts and a key factor in the overall relationship with the supplier
Expected to strongly influence and implement the 2020+ strategy for Data Centre Services Leading change agent in the adoption of modern Data Centre Services & Dev Sec Ops whilst maintaining effective coexistence with legacy platforms.
- Continuous improvement of an effective service management regime operating with emphasis on: Service operations, Service transition, Service integration and optimization, Continuous improvement, Demand management and Supplier Accountable for Disaster Recovery plans and tests for Data Centre Services as part of the overall IT Service Continuity framework
- Expected to drive service restoration of major incidents and engage with Major Incident process, including at VIP level.
- Accountable for the in-scope services budget performance through direct control and influence of demand billed directly to the Business Units.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Proven expertise in the field of IT Services Management and related customer relationship management for large scale Data Centre Services across modern and legacy platforms
Data Centre Service delivery experience within a large outsourced environment spanning multiple geographies and business units. This experience may have been gained on the client side or with a large service provider/service integrator
- Sound knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, especially Data Centre Services related
- Management experience
In return we are offering a competitive salary, depending on experience, Company car/car allowance plus a generous benefits package including bonus, 12% non-contributory Pension, 25 days holiday and free annual travel insurance and a brand new range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities and will consider flexible working arrangements where possible.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.