Assistant Market Underwriter I2 Month Fixed Term ContractUnited Kingdom - Wales - Cardiff
12 month fixed term contract
Are you looking to build on or begin a career in Insurance? Would you like to work for one of the worlds biggest and most respected Insurance companies? We are looking for an Assistant Market Underwriter to come and join us in Cardiff and this could be you!
This is an excellent opportunity were you will analyse and underwrite new and renewal business, regularly interact and face the market and utilise The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework on assignments of moderate complexity, ensuring a high level of service to our customers.
If you pride yourself in providing excellent customer service every day then you could be the perfect fit. In this role communication and quick learning is key, in turn you will get to experience working for a global, truly people centric organisation.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- Build and manage relationships with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention, acquisition and their insurance needs.
- Support Zurich's sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Dedicatedly seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase the organization's product density with the account.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings as they relate to assigned brokers and / or territory.
- Dedicatedly engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
- Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account statuses within specified time frame.
- Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Measure exposures/analyze risk.
- Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions, handle declination's/cancellations.
- Participate in marketing presentations to assigned agents/brokers.
- Resolve technical problems by referring to policies, procedures, specifications and on short-term, defined scope projects.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Basic knowledge of the insurance industry/Financial Services and the legal and regulatory environment is preferable
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines is favourable.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Skilled in establishing relationships and active listening
- Presentation skills
- A solutions and service orientation.
We offer a highly competitive salary based on experience and as well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- Discounted gym membership,
- 22 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- 12% pension
- Discounted will writing service
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we seek to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're passionate about working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.