Consumer Insights Executive - (P/T, Job-Share or F/T)United Kingdom - England - Swindon
The word ‘freedom’ conjures images of an open road; of snapped chains; of a bird fleeing its cage. It does not bring on thoughts of topping up savings, or buying your car insurance. We want to change that, and we need your help.
Zurich offers a range of savings, life and general insurance products and services, delivered via professional intermediaries, our workplace partners and directly to consumers. These help people protect their families, their possessions and even their businesses – but they ultimately help people achieve their ambitions.
People have incredible choice as to what they spend their money on, and too few are choosing to spend it on their financial needs. We’re losing that particular battle to Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis and Apple. We want to show the world that seizing control of your finances can leave you feeling as happy as splashing out on the latest iPad.
Zurich is ready to face this battle head-on. Our new customer-first approach is being championed from the very top of our organisation.
We want to be the most forward-thinking, digital-hungry marketing team in financial services. Come with us.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
The right person for this role will have a demonstrated track record delivering research projects to understand customer needs, analysing the insight to inform and develop the business consumer strategy. You will work as part of multidisciplinary and collaborative teams to deliver user centered solutions based on research and insight. You’ll be adept at understanding and assessing customers’ or intermediary’s needs, behaviours and preferences and building consumer insight plans that truly inform the business strategy focusing on the priorities
We feel that the best employees - and the ones we want to work with - are self-starters who work well with others, engender enthusiasm every day and bring fresh thinking to our ambitious growth plans.
You are passionate about and skilled at:
- Putting the consumer at the heart of the business by delivering actionable insight that impacts business decision making
- A commitment passion and energy to constantly champion the consumer and bring their voice to the table
- Leading, planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research, uncovering key insights and business implications
- Synthesising large bodies of research and data to provide key insights, business implications and identify opportunities
- Translating analytic insights into concrete actionable recommendations, drawing conclusions for business improvement and influencing business decision making
- Understanding your customer’s needs, partnering with them to co-create innovative solutions
- Considering the macro market environment and its impact on customer and distributor expectations
- Encouraging and inspiring your colleagues to create better products, experiences and services have the end-user in mind and achieve great results
- Supporting the crafting, set up and running of customer immersion sessions including audience interviews as required
- Contributing to the generation, critique and iteration of services and products across various touchpoints, channels and entire eco-systems Presenting and sharing ideas with relevant stakeholders from across the business
- Developing communications solutions to share insights across the business
- Finding ways to help Zurich hear and see our customer’s stories and take action from them using tailored artefacts such as presentations, reports, visual maps, interactive channels, animations and videos
- A desire to explore new and innovative approaches that provide appropriate answers to our business questions.
Your skills and experience:
You are likely to:
- Have experience working on consumer facing brands e.g. financial services, retailers,
- Be familiar and confident using a broad range of approaches to unearth consumer insights
- Have a degree or higher education in a Business Studies, Marketing or a related field
- 3-5 experience in a research or insight related environmentBe part of a customer insight team either in house or as part of a consulting practice working face-to-face with corporate customers, to understand their consumers - their preferences, needs and their behaviours
- Be able to cope with change in a fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presenting
- Strong commercial acumen
- Collaboration and facilitation skills – ability to bring the right people together
- Ability to support culture change.
A leader and a team player, a collaborator, a big thinker, detailed, an analytical problem solver, articulate, rigorous, confident, resilient, proactive and energetic, professional, optimistic, empathetic, delivery-focused, playful.
The salary for this opportunity is £23,000 to £32,000 depending on experience, plus a generous benefits package including bonus, travel insurance and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.