Who we are:
Are you the kind of person that loves a challenge? A role in insurance could be just what you’re looking for. In today’s complex world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. Challenge yourself finding ways to protect the things people love from all kinds of risks, big and small. If that’s not what you first thought about working in insurance, we’re confident we can change your mind. If you want to love what you do, work with us.
Based from our London office, this role is within the Zurich Municipal division. Our Underwriters in ZM are trained in all lines of business offering a truly bespoke and personalised service to our customers in the Public Sector. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is serious about their career and would like to work for a leading Insurer.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
• May provide guidance to lower level associates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
• Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Serve as key Zurich contact for assigned target accounts.
Your skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Underwriting experience within a General Insurance product
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to effectively assess risk.
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
• Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
As an equal opportunities employer, Zurich celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.