Protection Business Account ManagerUnited Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Protection Business Account Manager (Face to Face) to be based in the North East. Ideally we are looking for someone in Yorkshire who can travel around the county.
You will maintain and develop business relationships on a panel of strategic Account intermediaries, promoting Zurich’s Life Protection Platform to exceed sales targets. In addition, develop and grow profitable relationships with intermediaries through sales and business consultancy, with face-to-face visits and telephone activity where appropriate, to support the overall Zurich Intermediary Group Distribution strategy.
• Create, develop and manage relationships remotely with key intermediaries to promote protection products sat on the Zurich Life Protection Platform, with the main responsibility of driving protection sales across the panel
• Demonstrate an understanding of how the intermediary business works: their current position, future aspirations and how Zurich Intermediary Group can partner with them to make life easier.
• Promote the Zurich Life Protection Platform predominantly using remote distribution methods
• Understand responsibilities associated with FSA membership (including TCF), and how this affects Zurich Intermediary Group and intermediaries.
• Be at the leading edge of understanding the protection market place and industry developments when dealing with distributors
• Operate an effective client management system and robust sales process though Salesforce
• Operates within CDF scheme
• Improve and update protection product and market knowledge and apply this knowledge appropriately
Your skills and experience:
• Experience of selling / promoting protection products across various distribution methods
• Excellent and deep understanding of the Intermediary marketplace, protection competitors, protection portals and comparison tools, as well as Intermediary business models, technology and processes
• Detailed propositional knowledge across the entire range of protection products
• Good knowledge of FSA & governance responsibilities
• Ability to deliver a consultative sales process with intermediaries and be able to consult with them about their current and future business needs and integrate Zurich Life Protection Platform
• Adapts communication style to the individual needs of intermediaries
• Able to network and successfully build relationships via remote media and face-to-face contact and be able to demonstrate consultative engagement
• Have effective personal and business organisational and planning skills with a proven ability to think creatively and to innovate
• Be self-motivated, goal orientated and resilient in a high pressure sales environment
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.