Investment Regulatory & Governance Consultant (P/T, job-share or F/T)United Kingdom - England - Swindon
Job title: Investment Regulatory & Governance Consultant(P/T, job-share or F/T)
The Investment Regulatory & Governance Consultant will deliver operational implementation of all regulatory matters impacting ZISUK as an Authorised Corporate Director (ACD). This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Support the ACD in the development, delivery and execution of compliant business processes and market leading investment solutions
• Ensure that the regulatory framework in relation to the ACD is appropriate to the specific proposition and ensure that customer outcome principles are embedded in operational processes and decision-making
• Highly alert to regulatory developments that may impact the ACD business in particular, whilst being proactive in ensuring appropriate actions are taken to meet any regulatory deadlines
• Develop and execute a fit for purpose operational regulatory monitoring plan to cover internal activities and, as required, third parties including fund managers and other important suppliers
• Report to the Investments leadership team on relevant regulatory change, to ensure that their impact on the Investments function is understood and incorporated into the appropriate team / development plans
• Lead investments regulatory issues in respect of key technical disciplines with external and internal customers (e.g. Propositions, Finance, Operations, and Depositary) and influence key customer contacts at a senior level
• Provide input to departmental, business and group reporting and briefing papers, including reporting compliance risk to the Boards and Senior Management
• Work closely with the second line of defence functions to ensure that there is no duplication of, or gaps in, monitoring activities.
Your skills and experience:
• Experienced knowledge of all Sourcebooks relevant to the ACD and UK Investments processes and investment solutions
• Detailed knowledge of relevant systems, processes and procedures
• Market, risk and business awareness
• Very good knowledge of collective investment products, procedures and services
• Significant operational compliance and regulatory experience in the financial services industry
• Significant experience in the collective investment schemes / asset management industry / life compliance environments
• Excellent communication skills
• Cope with varying workloads and pressures and priorities
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
• Car allowance
• 12% pension
• 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Annual company bonuses
• Full private medical cover
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Discounted gym membership,
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civial partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.