Data Business Analyst Part time, Full time, job share and flexwork
Business Analyst Part time, Full time, jobshare and flexwork
Are you truly passionate about analysis? As a Business Systems Analyst, you'll be responsible for supporting the delivery of data products and visualisations to enable business change across the organisation. You'll be working across the project lifecycle, alongside colleagues and third party providers in a highly collaborative and delivery focused environment.
Data Architecture and Analytics, DAA, are an industry award-winning team responsible for our data. We’re connected to almost every part of our business and responsible for the end to end data lifecycle; this means sourcing the right data from our many business systems, through to making it available to end users and other systems to consume. You will be part of an ambitious programme of business and data transformation, supporting the strategic growth of Zurich in a highly competitive market.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Gain and document business requirements, ensuring the needs of both internal and external parties are reconciled
- Perform analysis of the use of data across end to end business processes to understand the system impacts and improve the integrity of data across the organisation
- Contribute to the functional design of the system, preparing data requirements and other design artefacts
- Contribute to the planning and analysis approach, adapting departmental and influencing organisational standards to meet project and operational needs
- Work alongside third party providers to ensure the scoped solution fully meets the business need;
- Perform peer reviews for project and operational artefacts to ensure specified standards are attained;
- Provide support for testing and business readiness activities to ensure the seamless delivery of change.
Your skills and experience:
As one of our BA's, you'll be able to evidence end to end experience of the project lifecycle and be able to provide business analysis across a range of projects or operational workstreams. This will include support for system testing and UAT.
You'll be able to demonstrate a range of techniques for eliciting and documenting requirements, have knowledge of more than one delivery methodology, and be able to tailor an analysis approach and requirements artefacts to the needs of each project or analysis task.
You will have a passion for data and see its value in shaping business decisions. You will be able to understand data from a stakeholder's perspective and be able to elaborate and map this through into logical data models.
You'll be people-centric and have personal communication skills to build rapport and communicate clearly with stakeholders in person and in writing.
You will have experience in gathering together relevant contextual information, including information on existing systems and data, and business process models.
We’re offering a competitive salary, as well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- 12% pension
- Annual company bonuses
Full private medical cover/ contribution to medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
Discounted will writing service
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.