Claims Handler Level 2 - (Part Time, Job Share or Full Time)
Claims Handler Level 2 – (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Our Claims function is the largest department in our UK General Insurance business, and it’s critical in ensuring we provide our customers with an efficient, professional and empathetic service. As a Claims Handler you will deliver effective and prompt settlement of Occupational Disease Claims.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
- Promptly handles and positively resolves all enquiries from both customer and external contacts to ensure delivery of a focused claims service
- Reviews, resolves and proactively finalises claims within authority limits ensuring settlement at an optimum level with consideration to business implications
- Maximise productivity and profitability within the team
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
- Supervisory responsibilities ad hoc basis as required
Your skills and experience:
- Occupational Disease claims experience is preferable but not essential
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a team/team player
- Cope with varying workloads and pressures
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Decision making
- Ability to coach; motivate & develop where appropriate
- Numeracy and literacy skills (to GCSE level/equivalent)
- Relevant experience of working either in general insurance or customer facing financial services environment
- Progress towards CII qualification
We are offering a highly competitive salary as well as an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- Discounted gym membership
- 22 days holiday (rising to 25) plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Annual company bonuses
- Contribution to medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- 12% pension
- Discounted will writing service
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us