Cyber Risk Consultant - P/T, job-share or F/T
Cyber Risk Consultant P/T, job-share or F/T
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Provide technical assessments of our customers cybersecurity defences, data breach preparedness and information risk management practices.
Provide guidance and support to customers in the development and implementation of risk management controls, including guidance on both technical and non-technical security controls.
Work closely with underwriting teams to communicate risk exposure and loss potential in support of our cyber insurance growth strategy.
Research current security and threat related topics as foundation for knowledge sharing with customers, industry groups and other Zurich business units.
Develop the cyber risk proposition for Zurich Risk Engineering including identification and delivery oversight of third party solutions.
To liaise with our Global Cyber Risk Practice Leader to develop and embed best practice across the global network
- Experience in conducting cyber security assessments and gap analysis against various frameworks
Knowledge, insight, and understanding of cybersecurity concepts, tools, and processes needed for making sound business decisions.
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of security principles and good practice including frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements such as NIST, COBiT, NCSC CAF, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR and ISO27001.
Ability to articulate security advice directly to customers at operational and strategic levels including up to Director and Board levels.
- Information Security Certification, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Experience in one of more of the following subject areas:
- Asset Inventory Management
- Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Access Management
- Security Awareness Training
- Security Monitoring
- Incident Response Planning and Testing
- Relevant experience of collaborating with a range of stakeholders at senior organisational levels and actively engaging with remote business units and brokers.
- Ability to speak with confidence to non-technical audiences on cybersecurity trends, developments and assessment techniques.
- Team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills and experience of working with a high degree of autonomy, managing and prioritising own workload, and delivering to tight timescales required.
- Familiarity with vendors of security products and services.
- Understanding of insurance and cyber insurance products helpful.
Together with a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package which includes:-
- 12% non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus 3 volunteering days
- Company car
- Remote worker allowances
Plus lifestyle benefits such as Discounted gym membership, Discounted gadget, insurance, Discounted technology offers, Virtual GP appointments, Free flu jab, Discounted will writing service and many more
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.