Actuarial Graduate -predicitive modelling
The Predictive Analytics Team is looking for highly motivated and passionate actuarial graduate to use statistical and actuarial techniques to deliver services and solutions across the business.
Your job will comprise claim cost modelling, geographical modelling, demand modelling, as well as providing R&D services to test and implement new data sources and statistical techniques that can drive and improve our performance.
You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on business success and by using predictive modelling, bring the right solutions to the whole organisation.
Design, develop and assess high quality statistical models to create solutions for business problems
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of statistical and actuarial techniques and procedures (including GLM) to be able to provide first class services to external and internal customers.
Provide regular insight and analysis, by analysing large amounts of historical data under the direction of the senior Actuary/statistician.
Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
- Strong degree or MSc/PhD in a numerical subject (Maths, Statistics, Science)
- Some experience in applying and deploying statistical techniques to solve business problems
- Exceptional numerical ability and data manipulation skills
- Knowledge of Emblem and at least one of the following statistics and data manipulation packages (SAS, R, Python)
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to engage non-technical audiences
- Naturally inquisitive with the ability to challenge data
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services. Being an international insurer with such a wide range of products means Zurich is an ideal company to work for post university as you can gain exposure to multiple areas of the company and multiple working cultures across the world.
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Study support
- Generous 12% Defined Contribution pension scheme.
- 22 days holiday per year including statutory holidays, with an option to buy and sell more if needed.
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Annual company bonuses
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- Discounted will writing service
- Share-save scheme.
- A comprehensive Flexible benefits plan, including, Health Care, Dental Care, Childcare Vouchers, Health screening, Retail Vouchers etc.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.