Working as part of the UKGI Sourcing and Standards team the Standards Consultant will work closely with the Head of UK Outsourcing and Supplier Management to support improvement activity in relation to the governance of outsourced functions and interaction with Zurich Group Businesses.
- Set the standards for supplier assurance through ensuring appropriate toolkits are in place
- Proving training standards and guidelines whilst ensuring adoption of Governance & Best Practice
- Reporting for OKC, Operations and Technology Governance Forum, RACE and ZRP
- Keeping updated with and understand regulatory requirements, market/commercial/Zurich to embed changes in to processes
- Ensuring robust supplier governance framework is followed and evidenced
- Determine relevant engagement activities across UK and Group stakeholders
- Updating and rolling out Contract Owner training material
- Promote constructive relationships within UKGI and Group Sourcing
Your skills and experience:
- Degree or relevant professional qualification
- Previous Insurance knowledge in a relevant subject(s) e.g. Supply Chain, Risk, Audit, Compliance and Insurance discipline etc
- Experience of managing suppliers directly
- Broad understanding of the insurance industry and Zurich’s operating structure
- Broad understanding of the outsourcing industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective delivery of results within agreed timelines
- Analytical skills
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Training & coaching skills
- Presentation skills
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
As well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- Discounted gym membership,
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- 12% pension
- Discounted will writing service
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.