An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Zurich UK IT Architecture team as a Solution Architect. You will work collaboratively within a team of other architects to own, drive and support the design and delivery of compliant solutions which meet business needs. Closely working with our innovation foundry, internal DevOps teams and partner delivery organisations, you will drive out innovative and effective solutions to challenging business problems and develop/shape early ideation on projects and initiatives through into delivery. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards your creativity, initiative and contributions, just simply click "Apply online"
- Work collaboratively with other architects (across the architecture domains), project teams and members of the business to deliver solutions which meet business needs
- Work with, inform and influence all key stakeholders; IT, business and senior executives
- Prepare solution design documents, presentations and other materials using established formats and standard software & templates
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of IT architecture, standards and practices by maintaining an understanding of current and future technology developments
- Working with the wider architecture team to help shape future strategy
- Contribute to the delivery of assigned IT project work by collaborating with UK operations contacts on approach for project involvement
- Understand and evaluate multiple platforms, software packages and custom components to design the solution.
- Work closely with internal innovation and DevOps teams to drive through innovative and effective use of technology to deliver against challenging business needs
- Develop and oversee effective solution architectures from design through into delivery working across multi-disciplined areas and functions
- An ability to balance multiple projects and requirements and work confidently at pace
Your skills and experience:
- Financial Services Industry knowledge
- Well versed in project governance
- Knowledge and experience of Information security governance and oversight
- Architecture related accreditation e.g. TOGAF certification
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
As well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- Discounted gym membership,
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- 12% pension
- Discounted will writing service
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.